Surf and Turf Crostinis
- 1 Pre Filet Mignon, room temp and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz fresh crab meat
- 6 tbsp. fresh tartar sauce (I used one with lemon and herbs)
- 1 small pretzel bread baguette, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (about 15)
- 2 tblsp. grass-fed butter
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Preheat skillet to medium high.
- Season steak with salt and oil. Slide into hot pan.
- Cook steak 4 1/2 minutes. Flip once and cook another 4 minutes. Remove and let rest on the counter for 5 minutes. Then let rest in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix crab meat with sauce, another pinch of salt, and tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- On a large baking sheet, lay bread in single layer. Spread with butter and bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Take the filet out of the freezer. Use a very sharp knife and cut against the grain to make very thin, deli-style, slices.
- Top each crostini with crab salad and a few slices of filet. Enjoy!
Colombian Stewed Beef with Hogoa and Crispy Corn Arepas
Beef, Kale, Pesto Skillet with Cheese Tortellini
Beef and Cabbage Stuffed Peppers with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Spring Vegetable and Beef Frittata with Salad Greens
Shiitake Beef Ramen in the Instant Pot