FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Filet Mignon - 5 oz. Beef Steaks
- 1 Pre Filet Mignon, room temp and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz fresh crab meat
- 6 tbsp. fresh tartar sauce (I used one with lemon and herbs)
- 1 small pretzel bread baguette, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (about 15)
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Preheat skillet to medium high.
- Season steak with salt and oil. Slide into hot pan.
- Cook steak 4 1/2 minutes. Flip once and cook another 4 minutes. Remove and let rest on the counter for 5 minutes. Then let rest in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix crab meat with sauce, another pinch of salt, and tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- On a large baking sheet, lay bread in single layer. Spread with butter and bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Take the filet out of the freezer. Use a very sharp knife and cut against the grain to make very thin, deli-style, slices.
- Top each crostini with crab salad and a few slices of filet. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.