FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Top Sirloin - 8 oz. Beef Steaks
- 2 Pre Brands Sirloin Steaks
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tbsp Za'atar seasoning
- 1 Yellow onion, thick dice to match peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Cumin Mint Yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Za'atar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-8 skewers pre-soaked for at least 15 minutes
- Remove your steaks from the fridge 10 minutes before cooking. Preheat the grill in two zones: 1 high heat and 1 medium/low heat.
- While preheating, make the yogurt. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, and spices. Lastly, stir in the mint and the cilantro. Leave a little bit for garnishing.
- Cut your steak into 1" cubes and toss with sea salt and Za'atar. Add a little oil to make it stick.
- Toss your veggies with a salt and a little oil.
- Thread your veggies and meat onto the skewers. Make sure an onion is always touching the meat.
- Grill the skewers for 2 minutes on each of the four sides. If it starts to burn, place over the low heat to continue cooking. It will be easy to overcook, so make sure to test the meat with a thermometer or cut a piece of the meat off with a knife.
- Serve with a sprinkling of herbs and yogurt.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.