FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
95% Lean Ground Beef
For dipping sauce:
- 1 lb Pre 92% lean ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 bundle of scallions, whiter part minced, greener part sliced into rings and reserved for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1-2 tablespoon sriracha, depending on your heat preference
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
Wonton wrappers (one pound of meat should fill up 30-40 wrappers
- Neutral cooking oil like grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sriracha, or more to taste
- Zest and juice of one lime
Add minced garlic, ginger and green onions into a bowl with one pound of Pre 92% lean beef.Add in coconut aminos, sriracha and a big pinch of salt.
- Mix well with clean hands, making sure favor mixing with your fingertips.
- Prepare a sheet tray with an even coating of corn starch. Keep your wonton wrappers in a damp paper (not too wet) to prevent wrappers from drying as you work.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of filling into your wonton wrapper. To seal edges, dip a finger into the water, shake off any excess and run your finger along one edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Pick up the wonton wrapper (similar to how you would hold a taco) and pinch the dampened side to the opposite side. Make sure you press out any air that could get trapped inside, this will cause your potsticker to burst in the pan!
- Keep prepared potstickers on the cornstarch lined sheet tray until your ready to cook them.
- Heat a skillet (that has a lid!) on medium-high heat.
Pour about 1/4 inch of oil into the heated pan and wait a few seconds for the oil to heat as well.
- Put the cornstarch side of the dumpling down into the oil and crisp for about one minute. Don’t overcrowd your pan.
- Once you’ve got a nice color on the bottom side of your potsticker, carefully pour in about 1/4 of water and quickly cover with the lid.
- Allow potstickers to steam for about 1-2 minutes. Plate potstickers with green onion and dipping sauce! Enjoy!
Recipe & Photography by @christinewilliamscooks