Sesame Korean Beef Lettuce Cups
- 1 Pre Chuck Roast, room temperature and patted dry
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tblsp. sea salt
- 10-12 butter lettuce leaves, or other favorite lettuce.
- 3 tblsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tblsp. almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tblsp. chili paste (see below for Whole30 compliant version)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. nut butter (almond or peanut or sunflower for not nuts)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. sriracha, or other garlic chili paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp, salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Season chuck roast on all sides with salt.
- Place chuck and water into Instant Pot*. Close the top of the pot and set to ‘Sealed.’
- Press ‘Manual’ on the pressure cooker and use the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ buttons to turn to 45 minutes. After it’s done, let pressure reduce naturally for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the roast only has 10 minutes left of cooking, sauté garlic and cauliflower in large skillet with coconut oil until caramelized. Taste and season with salt. Set aside.
- When beef is done, remove from pot and shred with forks. Place back in pot with juices.
- In the same skillet, pour contents of sauce and beef with juices. Bring to a boil and then let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When sauce is thick and reduced by half, toss with sesame seeds. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Stuff lettuce cups with cauliflower rice, shredded beef, and lime juice.
- Top with sesame seeds. Serve with dipping sauce.
* No Instant Pot? Use your crockpot and make the chuck the night before over 8-10 hours. Or do the whole process in on the stovetop. Let cook a total of 3 hours on low before shredding and adding sauce.