Pickled Stuffed Radish with Dill
- 2 large radishes, sliced thin with a mandolin
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dill
- Toss vinegar, salt, and water together in a large shallow dish. Place radish in the liquid and turn to coat. Let sit in mixture covered in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make the filling by blending all ingredients in an immersion blender until smooth. Too thick? Add some water. Should be a hummus consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt/vinegar.
- Take radish out of the fridge and assemble on serving plate.
- Match each piece of radish with a pair that is similar in size.
- Place a dime-sized piece of filling in the center of the radish. Using wet fingers, place the other on top and pinch the edges shut. Place on plate. Continue until finished.
- Sprinkle with water/vinegar mixture and chopped dill. Enjoy!