FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Top Sirloin - 8 oz. Beef Steaks
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 small onion, medium dice
- 1 cup Mother In Law’s Kimchi, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp kimchi juice
- 1 Pre Brands Top Sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, cooled
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed for garnish
- In a large pan, melt the ghee and sauté the onions until starting to become translucent.
- Add the kimchi, kimchi juice, and stir until boiling.
- Add the strips of sirloin and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cooked rice to the pan, break it up so there are no chunks of rice. The rice should soak up the remainder of the liquid.
- Add the soy sauce, and sesame oil. Taste and adjust with seasoning. Turn to low and leave alone so the rice can become crispy.
- In a separate skillet, fry up two eggs in the grapeseed oil. When finished cooking to your preferred doneness, turn off the heat.
- Serve the rice in a shallow bowl with 1 egg on top. Garnish with Nori, sesame seeds, and green onion.
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso