Cumin and Salt Rubbed Ribeye with Green Chutney
COOK TIME | ACTIVE: 5 MINUTES - PASSIVE: 10 MINUTES
- 1 Pre Ribeye Steak, room temp and patted dry
- 2 bunches cilantro, washed stems removed
- 1 bunch mint, washed stems removed
- 2 large spoonfuls of greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp fine grain Redmond's Real Salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1-2 tsp oil
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium-high.
- Mix together all rub ingredients into a small bowl it should be paste-like. if it's too dry add a bit more oil.
- Rub mixture all over dry steak until well coated.
- Lay into hot pan and sear on both sides for about 3 1/2 minutes for medium-rare.
- While the steak is cooking make the chutney. In a large food processor, process all the ingredients until fully combined. Taste and adjust with more salt and/or lemon juice.
- Remove steak from pan when internal temperature reads 130-140. Let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on a bed of chutney and roasted vegetables. Enjoy!