- 1 Pre Brands 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp high heat oil
- 1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce, plus 1/4 cup separated
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 3 pretzel buns
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 pieces of maple bacon
- Preheat oven to 500º degrees. Heat one zone to high heat and one zone to medium heat. Place a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet in the medium heat zone.
- While preheating, mix beef in a medium bowl with 1/2 cup bbq sauce. Mix until no longer wet, it might be a bit sticky. Form into 3 - 1/3 lb patties.
- Flatten on a cutting board. Scoop a few spoonfuls of cheese into the center of each one. Fold the edges of patties toward the center of the patty and press down on the cheese.
- Salt and oil both sides of patties, then place on high heat zone of the grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the bacon on a piece of foil and cook alongside the burgers. Flip after 3 minutes. Remove with burgers.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet. Sauteé onions while burgers cook. When they are soft, add the additional 1/4 c. bbq sauce. Stir and set aside.
- Spread butter on both sides of pretzel buns. Toast on low heat zone while the meat finishes cooking.
- Assemble burger: bun, bacon, burger, onions. Add more bbq sauce or blue cheese if you'd like. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso