Blue Cheese Stuffed BBQ Bacon Burger
- 1 Pre Brands 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp high heat oil
- 1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce, plus 1/4 cup separated
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 3 pretzel buns
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 pieces maple bacon
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Heat one zone to high heat and one zone to medium heat. Place a cast iron or oven-safe skillet in the medium heat zone.
2. While preheating, mix beef in medium bowl with 1/2 cup bbq sauce. Mix until no longer wet, it might be a bit sticky. Form into 3 - 1/3 lb patties.
3. Flatten on a cutting board. Scoop a few spoonfuls of cheese into the center of each one. Fold the edges of patties toward the center of the patty and press down on the cheese.
4. Salt and oil both sides of patties, then place on high heat zone of grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Place the bacon on a piece of foil and cook alongside the burgers. Flip after 3 minutes. Remove with burgers.
6. Heat 1 tsp of oil in skillet. Sauteé onions while burgers cook. When they are soft, add the additional 1/4 c. bbq sauce. Stir and set aside.
7. Spread butter on both sides of pretzel buns. Toast on low heat zone while meat finishes cooking.
8. Assemble burger: bun, bacon, burger, onions. Add more bbq sauce or blue cheese if you'd like. Enjoy!