FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Chuck Roast - 24 oz. Beef Roasts
- 1 PRE Chuck Roast, cut in 1 ½” chunks
- 3-4 bags 4505 Meats Chicharrones
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 quarts hot water
- 1 cup traditional red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons of “Better Than Bouillon” Beef
- 2 tablespoons, sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 7 cups cooked hominy, drained and rinsed
- Lime juice
- Shredded cabbage, white onion, radishes, cilantro, avocado
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Sear beef for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from pot.
- In same oil, sauté the onions and garlic until caramelized.
- Add back in the beef, water, enchilada sauce, oregano, bay leaf, beef bouillon, salt & pepper.
- Bring liquid to a boil then cover and simmer on low until beef is tender (about two hours).
- Once the beef is tender, remove bay leaf.
- Add the hominy and cook for about 30 more minutes. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- When done, ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with chicharrones, and garnish with any of these ingredients that you like: shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, minced onions, lime juice, and avocado.
- Enjoy warm!
This recipe uses 4505 Chicharrones all natural pork rinds.