- 1 92% Pre Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 small onion, or shallot
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp high heat oil
- 1 10 oz package frozen pineapple
- 3 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 10 min
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1.5 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Mix all the meatballs ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Using oiled hands, form 10-12 meatballs and set aside.
- Place the meatballs into the base of your Air Fryer. If you have a mini, do this in a few batches. Turn the temp of your air fryer to 400F. Make sure your meatballs aren’t touching so that air can get all the way around them.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until there is nice browned exterior. Repeat until all the meatballs are cooked.
- In a blender, blend all the sauce ingredients (only 1/2 of the pineapple) together until smooth. Add a bit more water if it’s too thick or will not blend.
- Place the sauce in a pot and let it simmer with the other half of the pineapple chunks.
- Place the meatballs into the pot, give it a good stir.
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened. Remove and serve with toothpicks and pineapple chunk. Can store for up to 4 days.
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso