FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Ribeye - 10 oz. Beef Steaks
- 1 Pre RIbeye Steak, room temperature and patted dry
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp high heat oil, like coconut or grapeseed
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/2 small cabbage)
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/3 small cabbage)
- 4 green onions, chopped on a bias
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- cashews, toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 small red Thai chili, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Season steak on both sides with salt, then oil.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high. Slide the steak onto the hot pan.
- Let sear on both sides for 4 1/2 minutes for medium-rare. Flip only once. Turn heat down slightly if it begins to smoke.
- While the steak cooks, mix all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the cabbages, green onions, cilantro, carrots and 1/2 the cashews together in a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 the dressing.
- When steak finishes cooking, let rest for about 6-7 minutes to let the juices redistribute. Then slice it against the grain.
- Place a heaping pile of salad onto a plate and top with steak, cashews, and an extra drizzle of dressing. Enjoy!