- 1 Pre ribeye steak
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 baguette or 1 head of baby butter lettuce
- Cucumber, thinly sliced (optional)
- Daikon radish, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- Jicama, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- Micro greens (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Basil, torn into pieces
- Scallions, snipped into inch pieces
- Cilantro, torn into pieces
Steak and vegetable marinade:
- 2 tsp rice wine or white vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp neutral high heat oil like avocado or safflower
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Pour 1/2 of the marinade over your steak in a shallow bowl or bread pan. Allow steak to marinate for no more than 30 minutes, flipping the steak midway through.
- Put all of your vegetables into a small bowl and pour the other half of the marinade onto your vegetables and toss to combine.
- After your steak has marinated, cook steak on a preheated, oiled grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or to your desired doneness. Allow steak to rest for at least 3-5 minutes before slicing into thin pieces.
- Mist your baguette with water and place onto the grill for about 3 minutes while your steak rests.
- To assemble sandwich: Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on both sides of your baguette. Smash 1/4-1/2 of avocado on one side of the bread. Drain excess marinade from vegetables and pile on the shave veggies, sliced Pre ribeye, herbs, microgreens, and lettuce. Enjoy!
For a gluten-free/whole 30/keto option, omit the baguette and platter all ingredients so you can assemble your own Bahn mi lettuce cup! Enjoy!