Umeboshi Plum Marinated Steak
- 1 Pre RIbeye Steak, room temperature and patted dry
- 1/3 cup ume plum vinegar
- 1 cup tamari
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Pinch Of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickled sushi ginger, minced, plus more for topping
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Season steak on both sides with salt.
- Place steak and marinade in a plastic bag or in a covered bowl and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high. Slide the steak onto the hot pan and sear on both sides 4 1/2 minutes for medium-rare. Flip only once.
- Remove and let rest for 6 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve with greens, pickled ginger, and salty roasted mushrooms.