FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
New York Strip - 10 oz. Beef Steaks
New York Strip
- 1 PRE New York Strip, remove from fridge 10 minutes before cooking
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup roasted veggies of choice
- 2 golden potatoes, washed and whole
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 6 lacinato kale leaves, de-ribbed and sliced thin into ribbons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Bring a small pot of water to a salty boil. Place potatoes in the water. Cook potatoes for 10-15 minutes until easily pierced with fork. Drain and set aside.
- Stir together steak rub ingredients in a small bowl: oil, pepper, turmeric, chili, cumin, and sugar. Set aside.
- For the mashed potatoes: sauté garlic in grapeseed oil over medium heat in a large skillet until fragrant.
- Add ribboned kale. Sauté until bright green. Mix in blender with vinegar, salt, and water until smooth. Set aside.
- Rub dry steak all over with spice/oil mixture.
- In the same skillet as greens, preheat to medium-high. Cook steak in the skillet for about 4-5 minutes each side. Pull from skillet and let rest for 6 minutes before slicing.
- Mash slightly cool potatoes with fork or potato masher. Mash in the kale mixture and stir until well combined.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve with kale mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. Enjoy!