FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
New York Strip - 10 oz. Beef Steaks
- 2 eggs, poached
- 1 sweet potato, small dice
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 Pre Brands New York Strip, salted and oiled, cut the fat cap off and keep
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat a cast iron or non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Start to bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Crack eggs into a small shallow dish. Easy to slide them into the water.
- When skillet is hot, slide new york strip on the pan. And add the fat cap next to it. Cook for 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Remove and let rest on the cutting board while you make the eggs. (6-7 minutes) Leave the fat cap.
- In the same pan, if you need more oil add now. Cook the sweet potato until slightly tender, about 4 minutes, then add the onion and continue to cook until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Leave in pan to keep warm.
- When the water boils, add the vinegar, stir, reduce the heat to barely a simmer.
- Gently slide the eggs into the water and keep in place with a slotted spoon. Let go and do the second egg. Leave in water for 5 minutes for a perfect runny yolk.
- Slice steak against the grain into bite-sized pieces and toss with the hash. Serve in a bowl with eggs on top. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Spice it up: Add spinach or baby kale to the last step.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.