- 4 Pre Ribeye Steaks
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 spring onions
- 3 T sugar, or maple syrup
- 1/4 c. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Bosc pear, sliced
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 tsp Redmond's Real Salt
- Vitamix, or another blender
- Sous Vide Cooker, we use the Joule
- 4 sous vide safe bags, like these
- Vacuum Food Sealer, like this one
Let's cook this
- If you are making the steaks right away, start a water bath with your sous vide cooker to 129 degrees F.
- Make the marinade by blending all the ingredients besides steak in Vitamix until liquified.
- Place on steak in each bag. Equally, pour the marinade over the four steaks.
- Seal the bags on 'moist' food setting. make sure the steaks are saturated with the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Place your sealed steaks in water until completely submerged. If possible, keep the steaks from touching each other in order to get water flow all the way around. You can purchase a holder for your sous vide like this one.
- Cook for 1 hour if your steak is 1" and 1:30 if your steak is 1 1/2".*
- Remove from water and let come to room temperature. Either store in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to eat or follow the next directions for immediate consumption.
- Heat skillet to medium high.
- Remove steaks from bag and throw away excess marinade.
- Place steaks into hot skillet and sear on both sides until browned/caramelized. Do not overcook since your steaks are already perfectly medium-rare.
- Slice against the grain and eat immediately.
*You can cook as many steaks as you want in the water. The time does not change whether you cook 1 steak or 20 steak as long as you can fit them all in the water. This is perfect for prepping for a large group or event.