FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
92% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- ¼ cup pecorino
- ½ cup almond flour (or bread crumbs)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp high heat oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 -28oz can of whole tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz ricotta cheese* optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Preheat a large, oven safe skillet to medium-high.
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs into a large bowl. Mix with a spoon or your hands until it comes together. Create 12 meatballs.
- Heat 1 tbsp high heat oil in the skillet. Place the meatballs in the skillet and brown on at least two sides. Remove from pan and reserve on plate.
- In the same pan, add the eggplant, zucchini, onion, and olive oil. Stir and cook until they start to caramelize, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the salt and stir. Cook for another 5 minutes then add the chopped tomatoes and juices.
- Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs back into the skillet. Nestle them into the sauce.
- In large dollops, drop the ricotta onto the sauce with the meatballs.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches at least 145F.
- Remove from oven. It will be very hot. Let rest for a few minutes and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.