- 1 Pre Ribeye Steak patted dry
- 1/2 tsp salt (preferably kosher)
- 1 tsp high heat oil (coconut, avocado, sunflower, or grapeseed)
- 1 package of Love Beets, lemon ginger beets or plain beets
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped; extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 goat chèvre mixed with 1 tsp honey
- Heat skillet to medium-high. Rub steak with salt on all sides. Then drizzle on all sides with oil.
- Lay steak in the hot skillet, and cook for about 4 minutes on each side for a medium-rare steak. Let rest for 6 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, sauté beets, rosemary, in the same pan as the steak until the beets are starting to caramelize. Deglaze with 2 tbsp heavy cream and stir furiously. Remove from heat.
- Pour contents of beets into a blender. Add a bit of water if necessary. Blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and Adjust with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, bring the beet mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add apple cider vinegar. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until it has reduced by 1/3.
- Plate the steak with a nice swoosh of the pureed beets. Then the steak. Top it all of with a dollop of the honey chèvre. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso