Our Take on the 'Au Cheval' Burger
- 4 Pre Brands 85% Lean Patties OR Make Your Own Chuck Burgers
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp high heat oil
- 2 - 1/2" piece of Sunday Bacon (we get ours cut from the butcher), peppered
- 2 brioche buns
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 pickles
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Heat one zone to high heat and one zone to medium heat. Place two mini cast iron or oven-safe skillets in the medium heat zone.
2. While preheating, mix the dijon and mayo together to create a dijonaise sauce.
3. Flatten patties to about 1/2" thick. And place the bacon on a lipped piece of foil and cook alongside the burgers. Flip when starting to crisp. Careful not to let the fat drip into the grates.
4. Salt and oil both sides of patties, then place on high heat zone of grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove burgers and bacon from heat and tent with foil.
5. Use a cooking spray to grease each cast iron.
6. In each skillet, place 1/2 cup cheddar cheese in a circle around the edge.
7. Crack an egg in each center of the skillets.
8. Place buttered brioche buns face down in low heat zone.
9. Cover the grill and let cook for 2-3 minutes until egg white is fully cooked.
10. Assemble burgers: dijonaise, patty, pickles, bacon, repeat! Eat your fried egg on top or beside. Enjoy!