- 4 Pre 85% Lean Patties OR Make Your Own Chuck Burgers
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp high heat oil
- 2 - 1/2" piece of Sunday Bacon (we get ours cut from the butcher), peppered
- 2 brioche buns
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 pickles
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Heat one zone to high heat and one zone to medium heat. Place two mini cast iron or oven-safe skillets in the medium heat zone.
- While preheating, mix the dijon and mayo together to create a dijonaise sauce.
- Flatten patties to about 1/2" thick. And place the bacon on a lipped piece of foil and cook alongside the burgers. Flip when starting to crisp. Careful not to let the fat drip into the grates.
- Salt and oil both sides of patties, then place on high heat zone of the grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove burgers and bacon from heat and tent with foil.
- Use a cooking spray to grease each cast iron.
- In each skillet, place 1/2 cup cheddar cheese in a circle around the edge.
- Crack an egg in each center of the skillets.
- Place buttered brioche buns face down in low heat zone.
- Cover the grill and let cook for 2-3 minutes until egg white is fully cooked.
- Assemble burgers: dijonaise, patty, pickles, bacon, repeat! Eat your fried egg on top or beside. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso