FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Chuck Roast - 24 oz. Beef Roasts
- 1 Pre Chuck Roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 3 large or 5 small red potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano, or regular if you don't have it
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper
- juice of two limes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bottle of Siete Foods jalepaño hot sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
* No Crock Pot? Use your Instant Pot and make the chuck 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving. Place content in pot. Turn to manual-high for 1hr 15 min. Let pressure naturally release.
Let's cook this
- Season Chuck Roast on all sides with salt.
- Place chuck and all of the rest of the ingredients into a freezer safe plastic bag. If you have a vacuum sealing bag, use this for best results
- Squeeze out as much air as you can or use a vacuum sealer.
- Label the bag with today's date and date three months from today. (exp date)
- When ready to use, empty the contents into a slow cooker and heat on low for 8-10 hours.
- Season with extra salt, pepper, and lime juice. Serve with tortillas and salsa.