FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
New York Strip - 10 oz. Beef Steaks
- 1 Pre New York Strip, cut into 1-2” chunks
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp high heat oil (we used avocado oil)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2” strips then cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 2” strips then cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into 2” strips then cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 4-6 skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup salsa verde
- *optional 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, mix together the salt, oil, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne until well combined and resembling a loose paste.
- Toss the peppers, onion, and steak in the mixture until well coated.
- Thread the pre-soaked skewers with a few veggies and then steak. Repeat. The ends of the skewer should always be veggies.
- Set your oven to broil. Add one rack in your oven on the second highest level.
- Place your skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet and place on the top rack for 6 minutes each side. Be careful it’s not too close to the broiler to make sure they do not burn.
- While the skewers are cooking, mash the avocado in a medium-sized bowl. Add the salsa and stir until creamy. Add yogurt if you’d like. Mix in a few tbsp of fresh cilantro.
- Serve the skewers on a platter with dipping sauce and sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso