- 1 loaf (or 10-12 oz) challah bread
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease your casserole dish with extra butter or oil.
- Cut challah bread into larger 2” cubes.
- Place the bread cubes into the greased casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients besides the powdered sugar.
- Pour mixture over the top of the bread evenly and let soak through.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 48 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F. Remove plastic and bake for 50-60 minutes. Every oven is different so make sure to watch to prevent burning. Remove when the egg mixture looks set and parts of the bread are crisp.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.