FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
92% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Pre 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Frontera Foods, Ground Beef Skillet Sauce (or another favorite taco seasoning)
- 1 1/2 cups favorite salsa
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly scrambled (still a little soft)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 pouch, FIG Food black beans, rinsed
- 8 large burrito shells (we like whole wheat, cassava flour, or cashew flour tortillas)
Let's cook this
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink. Season with 1 tsp salt and Frontera taco sauce. Cook for 1 more minute, set aside.
- Heat beans in a small saucepan until warm. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tsp oil. Sauté bell pepper and onion until soft and caramelized. Season with a bit of salt to taste. Set aside.
- Assemble burritos:
- Lay one tortilla onto a large foil square.
- Put 1/4 cup meat into the center.
- Put 1/4 cup eggs into the center.
- Add 2 tbsp black beans.
- Add 2-3 tbsp salsa.
- Sprinkle top with 1 few pinches of cheddar cheese.
- Roll them by folding the sides in first, then roll the bottom in toward the center and roll.
- Immediately, secure with foil and place into a freezer safe bag.
- Roll the rest of the burritos and seal in freezer safe bags. Label bag with the date and use within 2 months. Make sure to keep bag airtight as much as possible to ensure quality.
- Reheating from frozen: Place in toaster oven or regular oven for 25-30 minutes on high (450). Be careful, contents will be steamy.
- Reheating from fresh: Place in toaster oven or regular oven for 15 minutes on high (450).
- Enjoy all week long!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.