- Remove your steaks from the fridge while the grill is preheating to two zones: 1 high heat and 1 medium/low heat. (About 10 minutes) Place a small cast-iron skillet or oven-safe saucepan onto the hot side of the grill.
- Make the balsamic mixture by combining vinegar, maple, dijon, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Take steaks out of the packaging, pat dry, and salt/oil both sides.
- Slide onto the hot side of the grill and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the balsamic mixture into the saucepan. Stir with whisk or spoon to keep from burning. Once it reaches a boil, move to lower heat and let continue to simmer until reduced by half.
- Place tomatoes and asparagus directly on to the medium-low side of the grill to attain grill marks. Keep an eye on them and rotate when marks form.
- Flip your steak when enough sear has appeared. Remove your veggies to tray or foil to continue to steam throughout.
- Test your filet on both ends with an instant-read thermometer. When it reads between 100-110, it is perfectly medium-rare. Remove and let sit under a loose piece of foil for 5 minutes.
- Top with grilled veggies, balsamic reduction, and a bit of finishing salt. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso