FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Chuck Roast - 24 oz. Beef Roasts
- 1 PRE Chuck Roast
- 2 cups green chili peppers (sliced)
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. cassava flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 cups beef stock
- Heat a 3-4 quart stock pot on medium heat. Peel and dice your onion, garlic and peppers. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot once heated.
- Add in the chopped vegetables and the bay leaf. Stir often until tender, about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut chuck roast into ½ inch pieces. Add to a bowl and toss with flour. Once the onion and pepper mix is tender, add beef into the pot.
- Add in all the seasoning (salt, pepper and cumin). Stir well until the beef is lightly browned. Dice sweet potato into ¼ inch cubes and add to the pot.
- Add in all of the broth. Stir and cover. Bring to a rapid boil and stir well. Remove lid and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.