- 1 Pre Brands Filet Mignon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp high heat oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 6-8 stalks asparagus washed and trimmed
- 2 lemon wedges
- 6 oz sun-dried tomatoes. (We use the kind that comes in oil)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pull your steak from the fridge and start to preheat your cast iron or non-stick skillet to medium-high.
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a blender and pulse until well combined. Then let it run on low for about 20 seconds to make creamy.
- Remove steak from packaging and pat dry. Salt both sides and then oil both sides.
- Place steak in the hot pan. Let cook for about 3 1/2 minutes or until it has formed a nice sear. Flip.
- While the steak is cooking on the second side, add the ghee and prepped asparagus to the pan.
- After about 2 minutes, check the internal temperature of the steak with a digital thermometer. Take three readings. You want the lowest reading to be 105ºF for medium rare. Or use this steak cooking guide for your perfect doneness. Remove steak from pan.
- Let the asparagus continue to cook for about 6 minutes while the steak rests. Make sure to not let it burn. If there is very little liquid add some water to help them steam cook. Remove when they are to your liking.
- Serve your rested filet on a plate with romesco, asparagus, a sprinkle of parsley, and a lemon wedge.
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso