10 min serves 6-8
Wrap up your fondue party on a sweet note with this super simple recipe. You can do all the prep in advance, giving you time to relax with your guests over this decedent dipping delight. We have suggested accompaniments below but as with all fondue courses, feel free to improvise.
- 1 C milk
- 24 OZ semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 C powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Pound cake cut in to 1 inch squares (store bought)
- Banana cut in slices
- Strawberries cut in half
- Waffle cookies, quartered
- Pretzel rods
- Fondue pot with frame
- Dipping forks
- Sterno heater
- Arrange dipping items on a large platter and set aside.
- Fill fondue pot with hot water and cover with lid.
- Place milk, chocolate chips, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and cook over medium low heat until chocolate begins to melt, stirring constantly. Lower heat and stir until chocolate mix is completely melted.
- Remove water from fondue pot and dry completely. Pour melted chocolate mix into fondue pot, light sterno burner and place pot on frame.
- Serve with chosen dipping items.