Braised Beef with Cranberries
- 1 ½ lbs. PRE Chuck Roast
- 1 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium turnips
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cassava or wheat flour
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 tbsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. dried herb blend
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 2 inch nub of fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F. Dice vegetables into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat ghee or butter in Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add chuck roast to the pot, and brown on all sides (about two minutes per side).
- Remove roast from heat. Add in vegetables and sauté until tender. Add in flour and stir well.
- Pour in wine and broth. Stir until fully combined. Add seasoning, ginger, fresh herbs, and cranberries. Stir well.
- Place beef back into Dutch oven. Spoon the mixture over meat. Close Dutch oven and place it in oven for three hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the Dutch oven and open carefully. Use tongs to remove the ginger nub and herb springs.
- Place beef on a serving platter and pull apart with tongs. Spoon the sauce and veggies over meat.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and cranberries for color. Enjoy!
Colombian Stewed Beef with Hogoa and Crispy Corn Arepas
Beef, Kale, Pesto Skillet with Cheese Tortellini
Beef and Cabbage Stuffed Peppers with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Spring Vegetable and Beef Frittata with Salad Greens
Shiitake Beef Ramen in the Instant Pot