45 min serves 1-2
A two-ingredient whiskey marinade gives these 1/3lb burgers a juicy punch.
- 2 Pre 1/3lb burger patties
- 4 oz. bourbon whiskey
- 4 tbsp. garlic (minced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- cilantro, pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the red onion in half. Thinly slice and lay pieces in tin foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and pepper. Fold tin foil to completely cover onions and place on grill until browned (about 20 mins).
- Prepare whiskey marinade by mixing four ounces of whiskey and four tablespoons of minced garlic in a shallow bowl or baking sheet. Ensure liquid covers the bottom half of the patties. Marinate patties on each side for 8-10 minutes.
- After marinating, grill burgers on medium-high heat for approximately 4-6 minutes per side. When burgers are cooked to desired wellness, toast hamburger buns by laying on the grill for 30 seconds on each side.
- Top burger with cilantro, onions, and blue cheese.