40 min serves 2-4
This North African dish features eggs cracked into a spicy red pepper sauce. We beef it up for extra flavor and protein.
- 1lb. PRE ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 small hot pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley or cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Slice and remove seeds from peppers. Finely dice shallot and peppers.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Sauté peppers and shallot, for 3-4 minutes; stir occasionally. Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook beef. Once beef is browned, add tomato sauce and herbs, stirring occasionally, and bring to a simmer.
- Make four small wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each one.
- Cover and allow to steam for 7-10 minutes, or until the whites have set and the yolks are a little runny.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with avocado and roasted sweet potato wedges.