1 hour 30 min serves 2-4
This family-friendly, slow-cooker dinner scores on taste with BBQ sauce and flavorful Pre Chuck Roast.
- 1 ½ lbs. Pre Chuck Roast
- ½ large onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots 1 ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp.
- ghee or butter
- Dice onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Sprinkle with salt then roast for 5 minutes.
- Add half of diced vegetables to slow cooker with 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter. Mix well.
- Place chuck roast in the slow cooker then top with remaining vegetables. Pour ¾ cup of BBQ sauce and ½ cup water into slow cooker. Close and cook on low for eight hours.
- Open slow cooker and carefully remove beef with tongs. Place in large bowl and use forks to shred.
- Add remaining BBQ sauce and gently toss to combine. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes.