6 hours 20 minutes serves 2-4
The lime and chipotle help to make the chuck taste like traditional barbacoa. Enjoy with lettuce wraps or tortillas!
- 1 Pre Brands Chuck Roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 c. chicken or beef broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tbsp. diced chipotle peppers, depending on desired spice level
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 c. romaine lettuce
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 c. fresh pico de gallo or salsa of your choosing
- 15-20 cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, sliced
- Place Pre Chuck Roast in crock pot.
- Mix together garlic, cumin, oregano, broth, lime, salt and pepper.
- Add in 2 to 3 tbsp. of chipotle peppers. Use 2 tbsp. for less spicy and 3 tbsp. for an extra kick.
- Pour mixture over roast in crock pot.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 5-6 hours, until the beef is fall-apart tender.
- Remove from crock pot and shred in a bowl with two forks.
- Separate aside any extra fatty pieces and return to the crock pot. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- For Salad: Tear or slice romaine for salads.
- Sauté bell pepper slices until softened.
- Make 4 plates with romaine, avocado, pico, cilantro and lime slices.
- Top with shredded Chuck Roast.
- Photo taken by Cook at Home Mom