FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
New York Strip - 10 oz. Beef Steaks
- 2 Pre New York Strip Steaks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, minced (take out the seeds/ribs for less spicy)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Remove the new york strip fat cap. Set aside and use for other purposes like soups and stews.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together: lime juice, orange juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, black pepper, olive oil, jalepeño, and vinegar.
- Slice the New York Strip into thin strips. Between two piece of parchment paper, pound the steak very thin. Fully submerge steak in marinade. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- You can either grill these steaks for 1 minute on each side at 550F. Or you can broil them on high for 3 minutes each side in the oven.
- Serve chopped or in large strips. Eat with vegetables or in tacos with rice and beans.