45 min serves 6-8
In a nod to Suya, a popular West African street food, we give flavorful Pre Top Sirloin skewers a spicy, peanut coating.
- 2 Pre Top Sirloin steaks
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pull out 6-8 skewers and if using bamboo skewers, soak for 20 minutes ahead of time.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum and place a cooling or broil rack over top.
- In a food processor, grind peanuts with all of the seasoning ingredients to a coarse grind. Place the mix on a large plate.
- Unwrap steaks and pat dry. Slice diagonally into thin slices and thread 4-5 pieces on each skewer. Press each skewer down into the peanut mix. Turnover and repeat.
- Spray your rack with cooking spray. Place skewers on the rack, evenly spacing them out. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 400F for 10 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!