Recent Blog Posts
- Three Fantastic Sauces to Make with Leftover Condiments
- It's Never Been Easier to Find Pre Grass Fed and Finished Beef
- Easy Work Lunches
- Pre's Favorite Recipes
- National Cheeseburger Day
- How to Recycle Pre's Packaging
- Kick it Up a Notch: The Best Meatball Recipes for Your World Cup Party!
- What Does Pre Stand For?
- Steak Temperature Chart
- What are High Heat Cooking Oils?
What is Barbacoa?
Cook Barbacoa it in the Skillet
- Bring the meat to room temperature, about 10–15 minutes out of the fridge. Then, pre-heat a skillet to medium-high heat with one tablespoon of high-heat oil.
- Sear your steak for 4–5 minutes per side—Cook to your desired doneness using a meat thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice the meat against the grain and serve.
Prepare Barbacoa in the Grill or Cast Iron Pan
Remove your Barbacoa Flank Steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Heat your outdoor grill to direct medium-high heat, 400-425°F.
Brush your steak lightly with high heat oil and grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or to your desired doneness.
Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Remove from heat and let the steak rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Slice steak against the grain and serve.
CookBarbacoa using the Sous Vide Method
- Heat a large kettle of water with a sous vide circulator to 131°F.
- Remove steak from package and place in sous vide bag.
- Immerse bagged steak in water bath and secure to the side of the kettle with a clip.
- Place in a heated water bath for 90 minutes.
- Remove steak from the sous vide and blot with a paper towel. Sear in a cast iron pan or grill for 1 minute per side.
- Slice against the grain and serve.