- Slice red onion and place in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt to onion.
- Massage onion for about 1 minute until onion just starts to wilt.
#2 Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp high heat oil
- Salt to season
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or tin foil.
- Spread tomatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with balsamic and oil.
- Season with salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until the tomato skin starts to crinkle.
#3 Maple Mustard
- 3 tbsp stone mustard of your choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together. Easy Peasy.
#4 Spicy Korean Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Ketchup (Pick a Whole30 compliant ketchup if Whole30)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gochujang Paste
- Mix together. Another easy peasy recipe.
#5 Grilled Tomato
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- Salt to taste
- High heat oil
- Preheat grill pan or cast iron pan on medium high heat.
- Spread high heat oil on pan.
- Salt one side of your tomato slices and place in pan, salted side down.
- Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Before flipping, salt top side. Then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
#6 Quick Pickled Cucumbers & Carrots
- 1 cucumber, peeled into strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled into strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar (omit for Whole30 or Paleo)
- 1 tbsp salt
- Big pinch of black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl or mason jar.
- Cover and put in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Recipes by Chef Christy Williams (@christinewilliamscooks)