FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
95% Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Pre 95% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 dozen eggs, whisked together in large bowl
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 small yellow onion, diced medium
- 1 pint baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups greens (kale, friseé, arugula, etc)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- pinch of salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375. Preheat an oven-safe skillet to medium heat.
- Sauté the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Season with 1 tsp. sea salt. Remove from the pan leaving any fat/juices.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil to the pan. Sauté onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. You might need to add a bit more oil.
- When the mushrooms and onions start to caramelize, add tomatoes, and asparagus, dried basil, and red chili flakes.
- When asparagus softens and turns bright green, add the beef back to the skillet. Make sure there is plenty of fat around the pan so the frittata won't stick.
- Make sure the heat is medium-high, then pour eggs over the ingredients. Move the ingredients around some so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Let the eggs sit for about 1 minute, then transfer to the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Make the salad by mixing the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Toss the greens in the dressing and set aside.
- Take the frittata out of the oven once the middle of the eggs are set (or there is no liquid remaining).
- Top it with the salad and chopped walnuts. Enjoy!
- Feel free to mix up the veggies with whatever you have in your fridge.
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso