Pan Seared Filet Mignon with Garlic and Herb Butter
- 4 PRE Filet Mignon steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon (chopped)
- ½ tbsp. garlic (minced)
- Melt ½ stick of butter in microwaveable dish. Stir in herbs and garlic. Freeze for ten minutes.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and butter to cast iron skillet and place on high heat, allowing skillet to become scorching hot.
- Sear steak on each side until desired doneness. Remove steak from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place a spoon of herb butter on top of each steak.