Pan Seared Filet Mignon with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 PRE Filet Mignon steak
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup epazote leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup flat leave parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. rosemary (chopped)
- 8 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- 2 cups olive oil
- ½ oz. lemon zest
- 6 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 shishito pepper
- 1 lotus root
- 1 sorrel leaf
- petite celery
- Chop and puree chimichurri ingredients together until it forms a sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Preheat pan on high heat, then drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil and sear filet until it is caramelized on both sides. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While steak is resting, prepare garnish. Poach tomatoes in boiling salt water for about two minutes, until skin begins to wrinkle.
- Immediately shock in cold water to stop cooking process, then peel off skin. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Char shishito peppers in a skillet until blistered.
- To serve, set the steak in the middle of the plate and top with the tomato and charred shishito peppers. Season by drizzling with chimichurri.