While cooking, make tzatziki sauce:
- Preheat your grill to 500 degrees or your grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Soak your skewers in water for at least 15 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- Mix beef, ginger, garlic, parsley, mint, and all the spices together. Knead with hands until evenly coated. Remove a small piece and cook it on grill or grill pan. Taste it and adjust seasoning.
- Divide mixture into 10 equal sized balls. Form balls around the ends of each skewer to make a longer oval shape.
- Brush grill or grill pan lightly with high heat oil.
- Grill kofta, turning occasionally until grill marks appear and kofta are brown on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve grilled beef kofta with sauce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce cups for making little wraps. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until fully combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt or lemon.
Recipe by Chef Sarah Russo, @chefsarahrusso