Grilled Beef Kofta Plate with Mint Tzatziki
- 1 Pre Brands 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes* optional for extra heat
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- High heat oil for brushing on the grill
- Plate options: naan flatbread, sliced tomatoes, cucumber, and baby lettuce cups for wraps.
- Tzatziki Mint Sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt (alternatively: use dairy-free yogurt)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat your grill to 500 degrees or your grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Soak your skewers in water for at least 15 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- Mix beef, ginger, garlic, parsley, mint. Mix all spices together first then add to beef mixture and knead with hands until evenly coated. Remove a small piece and cook it on grill or grill pan. Taste it and adjust seasoning.
- Divide mixture into 10 equal sized balls. Form balls around the ends of each skewer to make a longer oval shape.
- Brush grill or grill pan lightly with high heat oil.
- Grill kofta, turning occasionally until grill marks appear and kofta are brown on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- While cooking make tzatziki sauce:
- Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until fully combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt or lemon.
- Serve grilled beef kofta with sauce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce cups for making little wraps. Enjoy!