FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Top Sirloin - 8 oz. Beef Steaks
- 3 PRE Sirloin Steaks
- Sea salt
- 12 pieces of thick sourdough bread, preferably 1 day old
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 6 slices of smoked gruyere (add a second slice for extra cheesiness)
- 4 peaches, sliced in half
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat your grill to high heat. Leave one section on lower heat.
- Whisk your eggs together with cinnamon, buttermilk, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Pat your steaks dry and season with salt and oil. Set on hot grill.
- Sear for 2 minutes each side, move to lower heat to finish cooking until desired doneness. For medium rare, cook for additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature is 130-135 F. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss pistachios with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon powdered sugar and place inside a foil packet. Place on the lower side of the grill.
- Put peach halves straight onto the grill leaving room for the bread.
- Dip your sourdough into the egg mixture until fully soaked but not falling apart.
- Place onto clean hot grill. Let cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Move to lower heat part of the grill.
- Place 1 slice of cheese onto 6 piece of bread.
- Slice the sirloin into thin sandwich strips and put it on top of the cheese.
- Top each sandwich with another piece of bread and close the grill for 1 minute.
- Remove sandwiches from grill. Cut in half and serve with grilled peaches. Top with toasted cinnamon pistachios, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.
Use entire grill for this recipe. If you don't have a grill, you can use a cast iron skillet.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.