FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED:
Filet Mignon - 5 oz. Beef Steaks
- 2 PRE Filet Mignon steaks
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 shallots
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Peel and slice your shallot. Mince the leaves of the rosemary sprig.
- Rub steaks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the sauce pot, then add the shallots. Sauté until tender, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add in rosemary, and stir well. Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer. Mix in the port wine and simmer until it reduces by half.
- In the meantime, heat an oven-safe skillet the stove on medium-high heat. Once hot, place steaks in skillet.
- Sear steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then pop it in oven (400F).
- Turn off the oven, don't open the door, and set a timer for 4 minutes. Chop up chocolate, remove sauce from the heat, and whisk in the chocolate until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove steak from the oven, and place on a cutting board to settle for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce on to your plates. Plate steak over the sauce.