Filet Mignon with Chocolate Port Wine Sauce
- 2 PRE Filet Mignon steaks
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 shallots
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Peel and slice your shallot. Mince the leaves of the rosemary sprig.
- Rub steaks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the sauce pot, then add the shallots. Sauté until tender, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add in rosemary, and stir well. Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer. Mix in the port wine and simmer until it reduces by half.
- In the meantime, heat an oven-safe skillet the stove on medium-high heat. Once hot, place steaks in skillet.
- Sear steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then pop it in oven (400F).
- Turn off the oven, don't open the door, and set a timer for 4 minutes. Chop up chocolate, remove sauce from the heat, and whisk in the chocolate until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove steak from the oven, and place on a cutting board to settle for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce on to your plates. Plate steak over the sauce.
Colombian Stewed Beef with Hogoa and Crispy Corn Arepas
Beef, Kale, Pesto Skillet with Cheese Tortellini
Beef and Cabbage Stuffed Peppers with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Spring Vegetable and Beef Frittata with Salad Greens
Shiitake Beef Ramen in the Instant Pot