1 Pre Brands Chuck Roast, patted dry and cubed
1 tsp. sea salt
1 12 oz can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1 can green hatch chilies
2 limes, juiced
1 cup beef broth
1 bag of tortilla chips (enough to cover a baking sheet)
½ cup Mexican cheese blend
1 cup favorite salsa, we use tomatillo
Pickled red onions
1. Salt chuck roast and place into large pot* on your stovetop with beef broth. Turn to heat to high.
2. In a food processor, blend chipotle peppers, chilies, lime juice, and a pinch of salt together until you have a nice smooth consistency. Pour over chuck roast and stir.
3. Bring chuck and liquid to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 2- 2 ½ hours or until the meat is easily shredded with a fork.
4. Remove the lid and bring to a simmer again. Stir a few times to make sure it doesn’t stick. Let the meat and sauce simmer until the sauce has reduced by half.
5. Preheat oven to 450.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and tortilla chips. On top of the chips layer: chuck roast, cheese, the sauce, and salsa. Lastly, crack your eggs onto the chips.
7. Place tray in oven for 10-12 minutes until whites of the eggs are cooked and yolks are still runny. Do not let the chips burn.
8. Remove from oven and finish with optional toppings! For more heat add hot sauce or sliced jalapeños. Serve with a cold michelada!
*Cooks fast with an Instant Pot! The method: cook chuck roast and barbacoa sauce in IP on Manual for 45 minutes. Shred and simmer in a skillet on stovetop.